Re: [RadiusNT] How to authenticate user without password

Sheryl D. Weidner ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:02:02 -0700

Run RadiusNT in text mode with one DEFAULT user in the users file whose
password=ANY. Then add the appropriate default RADIUS attributes to that
entry, and all users will authenticate and be given that attribute set.

Sheryl D. Weidner - sds@iea-software.com - http://www.iea-software.com
Phone: (831) 459-9430 - Fax: (831) 459-9434
IEA Software: Billing and Customer Care for ISPs and Communications
Companies

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lube <brian@mpinet.net>
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 1999 5:49 AM
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] How to authenticate user without password

:I thought there was a way by using a blank file in text mode or something
:as well. I'm not aware of a way in the 3com chassis to turn off ppp
:security, and that would suck on a large scale (we have about 20 boxes
:right now).
:
:--bl
:
:At 09:23 PM 7/15/99 +1000, you wrote:
:>disable ppp security on your remote access box
:>
:>
:>Michael Saunders