Re: [RadiusNT] Unexplained RadiusNT Failure

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:37:09 -0700

Daniel Franks wrote:

> I have an odd problem. Every couple of days the RadiusNT service running on
> one of my servers just crashes. I think the problem may be that I have it
> configured to use a DSN to a SQL 6.5 database located across a T-1. My
> local RadiusNT server has no problems just the one across the WAN. Any
> ideas? SQL or ODBC timeouts? I am at a loss here.

I wouldn't recommend using RadiusNT over a WAN, unless you are using
text backup mode. The RADIUS request is one round trip, compared to
an SQL chatter that is many round trips per RADIUS request.

First, you should look at RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode and see what
is on the screen when it crashes. Secondly, you can look at installing
radcheck on the machine, which will restart RadiusNT if it fails.
You can get RadCheck from:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/beta/radcheck.zip