Re: [RadiusNT] Ascend Max 4000 Setup

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:14:15 -0400

From: Guillaume Pavy <guillaume@echoweb.net>
>we are trying to setup an Ascend Max 4000. When we try to connect to it
with
>a dialup connection, we have the following message: "error 758 : the server
>did not assign an IP adress".
>
>We use Radius NT 2.5 and Emerald. The ascend has been added in the radius
>configuration (with the Emerald Administrator). The dynamic pool is
>activated in Radius and desactivated in the Ascend setup.

Why not just leave it up to the Max to handle the IP pooling? That's how we
have all of our Maxes set. Each Max has its own range of IPs that it uses,
which also makes it pretty easy to determine (at a glance) what Max a user
is dialed into because their IP address is associated with a specific Max.

Josh