Re: [RadiusNT] SQL 7.0 problems...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 10:43:46 -0500

Michael Hobach wrote:

> Any thoughts on this previous post?
> This 100% thing is driving us crazy...

> > First, with ODBC logging turned on, we keep getting errors logged like
> >
> > ODBC Error:23000:2627:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY
> > KEY constraint 'pk_Calls'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'Calls'.

This just means RadiusNT already has the accounting record. Its normal,
but you shouldn't see it a lot. If you do, then check your timeouts and
the response times of RadiusNT.

> > ODBC Error:37000:170:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax
> > near 's'.

This is typically someone putting a ' in a username or such.

> > Second, about once a week the SQL server goes to 100% processor
> > utilization. Stopping RadiusNT and Cold Fusion does nothing. It appears
> > that the RadLogs table may be the problem - deleting the RadLogs table
> > brings the server back down to realistic CPU utilization.

Someone reported this a while back on SQL7. It has to do with the
trigger. There was a posted workaround for it, but I don't remember
the exact problem. I think it had to do with aliasing (or lack thereof)
the update table vs. using the table name. What does your trigger
on your calls table look like?