Re: [RadiusNT] Can I deny ISDN connection for PPP Account Type?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:55:58 -0700

Mark Colasante wrote:

> I run Radius 2.5 and use SQL database as the only authentication method.
> Is there any way to set up an account type so that ISDN connections
> could not be made by that account type, leaving analog as the only
> available method? We are servicing a rural area and ISDN costs much
> more for us to offer there, so we would like to be able to charge a
> different amount for ISDN access. We need to come up with a way to
> control this on our PRI lines. Hopefully we can do this by way of
> account type configuration for users.

In either of the RadConfigs or RadATConfigs tables, you can add
a NAS-Port-Type entry with the RadCheck value set at 1, and the
data to the type you want to restrict them to (like ISDN or
Async).