RE: [RadiusNT] Re: Email only

Herman verschooten ( H.verschooten@WebVisie.net )
Sat, 22 May 1999 18:06:12 +0200

Yes, you can add private and public addresses to the same NIC. But,
make sure that the Routing checkbox is NOT checked.

Herman

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Ingram [mailto:kingram@cameron.net]
Sent: zaterdag 22 mei 1999 18:02
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Re: Email only

>considered assigning your e-mail only users with a private range of ip
>addresses and just do routing for that range of IPs within your
network?

You know what, this deserves some thought. One question comes to mind
first,
can private IP's and Internet IP's be on the same NIC? I would have to
issue
the mail server a private IP for the local LAN to find it, might have to
create a new DNS entry for the private IP, but maybe it would work....

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for the idea.

:~)

Kevin