Re: [RadiusNT] Radlog error #12

majordomo@essex1.com ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 May 1999 14:57:01 -0500

Hi;
We are using RadiusNT ver 2.5.124, with MS SQL 6.5. Both are running on
the same dual Pentium II machine with NT4SP3, and 192MB. None of the users
affected have anything unusual in their expired fields (master = '12/31/10'
, subaccounts = blank). After digging back through the calls database I
found that people were getting on at that time, It was denying a hundred or
so particular users. Again, there doesn't seem to be anything different
about these users from the ones that were being verified.
It's nice to know that it uses the SQL server time since we are looking
into separating these services onto different systems. Maybe even getting
better SQL server software.

Thanks :)
At 12:05 PM 5/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>"majordomo@essex1.com" wrote:
>>
>> These are accounts that were working fine and are working now with no
>> changes. All the fields check out. Why would the computer clock cause a
>> problem like this? If the computer thinks it's 12am, it logs 12am. Unless
>> it verifies the time with some other unit the computer time shouldn't
matter.

>Its not the computer Running RadiusNT, its the computer running
>SQL Server, that is the "clock". RadiusNT gets a diff between the
>current time of your SQL Server and the date the user expires (plus
>the extension/limit). If that number comes back less than 1, then
>the account expired that many minutes ago. If its positive, it lets
>the user on. The negative number that gets logged in RadLogs is
>what RadiusNT received from your SQL Server.
>

>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

R. Laughlin