Re: [RadiusNT] Microsoft Upsizing tool

Jean-Francois Laplante ( (no email) )
Sun, 09 May 1999 21:09:57 -0400

At 14:13 1999-04-29 -0700, you wrote:
>Jean-Francois Laplante wrote:
>>=20
>> I'm in the process of converting my Access database to SQL. During the=
dry
>> runs to upsize the database, I always end up with a timeout error saying:
>> "Server Error 0: Timeout Expired" when upsizing the same table. This
>> particular table is rather large and has about 40,000 records. The call
>> table is almost empty to facilitate the process. The table in question=
is
>> a transaction table.
>>=20
>> Since Access and the SQL server were on the same machine I tought that
>> maybe Access was feeding the data too fast to the SQL server wich is a
>> contradiction in terms... A subsequent attemps to do the same from 2
>> different machine gave the same results,
>
>Make a copy of the Access database and delete EVERYTHING out of
>the copy except the tables. Do a compact and then re-run the Upsize tool
>on the compacted copy. I've found that unless the Access database is=20
>fairly clean, the upsize tool always has problems.

I tried that but it doesn't work... I will try to see if it happend wwhen
the upsising tool encounter a specific record. I also tried a few
modifications as sugested in the Knowledge Base. With the specific error
message I gave in my original message, should I try to look in the SQL
server setup? If yes, any sugestion as to where?

Thanks in advance.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + 141 Regnault
Jean-Francois Laplante + Sept-Iles (Qu=E9bec)
jeff@bbsi.net + G4R 4M4
=0Ahttp://www.bbsi.net + 418-968-4433 voix/voice
+ 418-968-5634 fax=20
Internet Service Provider + Fournisseur de Service Internet