Re: [RadiusNT] SQL error on radlogin test

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:15:59 -0700

"S.Tumurbaatar" wrote:

> Thanks for response,
> After few attempts, radlogin/RadiusNt work normally.
> May be all my errors result from MS SQL server I using,
> becouse I had some errors in create table procedure.
> Now I'm going to reintstall all. As I said, I use radlogin
> to emulate users log on/off and quickly get small call list
> and run later billing procedures on it. I use 'radlogin START'
> to say server that user has been connected and 'STOP'
> to notify that his disconnected. Currently Emerald client
> shows online activity correctly, with true connection time
> (how many minutes he is online at current moment).
> But 'time on' list of that user shows his calls with incorrect
> online duration. 'Min' column for all calls is 4 minutes always!!!

Radlogin has not state mechanism between a start and stop
record that it sends. It will *ALWAYS* send a sesion time
of 180 seconds, which Emerald rounds to 4 mins. In the
real world, the NAS DOES have state and will send the
correct session time.

> Again, it can be problem of my SQL server, but can I use 'radlogin'
> for such emulation purpose? Our company had some problems
> with previous version of Emerald and now I cannot say them
> that now Emerald will work fine and ask them to comletely move
> currently working server to Emerald/RadiusNt pair without any
> test.

You can use Radlogin to do this, but the times will always be
four mins.