Re: [RadiusNT] How to restrict users to use email only

Sheryl D. Stover ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:16:43 -0700

Salman,

The values in the RadATConfigs table have no bearing whatsoever on whether
or not your filters work. The following information is passed by Radius to
the NAS regarding filters:

Attribute (Framed-Filter) - this tells it to use a filter defined on the NAS
Attribute Value (the name of the filter, based on what you named it on the
NAS)

All of the rest of the processing is done by the NAS for that particular
session based on the properties of the filter you defined on the NAS.
Radius only tells it the name of the filter to use.

You must review your NAS documentation to find information on how to build
filters for it specifically. You will then allow traffic between the user's
IP address for that session and the IP address of the mail server. If your
NAS supports it, you may also be able to restrict access to certain ports
(25 and 110 for mail traffic only), but that is not a function of Radius.

Sheryl D. Stover - sds@iea-software.com - http://www.iea-software.com
IEA Software Account Management and Customer Service
Phone: (831) 459-9430 - Fax: (831) 459-9434
Billing and Customer Care for ISPs and Communications Companies