Re: [RadiusNT] WAS URGENT - same IP address on multiple connections!?

Stephen Johnson ( (no email) )
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:11:58 -0500

> Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] URGENT - same IP address on multiple connections!?
> From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
> Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:57:31 -0700
>
> Stephen Johnson wrote:
> >
> > I am running RadiusNT 2.5.124 with a PortMaster 3.
> > What is the problem when multiple connections, different
> usernames get the
> > same IP address? This has just started happening. It happened a
> couple of
> > weeks ago that I saw and then it has been happening several
> times a day the
> > past few days that I have seen. The connection time will show the same
> > minute or only 1 minute difference and of course that could
> only be 1 second
> > difference actually. What can be done to prevent this?
> >
> > Stephen
>
> Who is assigning the same IP Address to two differnet users: the PM3
> or RadiusNT? If you have two users with the same static IP and they
> both login, who knows what the results will be (you shouldn't do that).
> If the PM3 is assigning the same IP to two different users from the
> PM3's IP pool, then thats an issue with the PM3 (I've never heard of
> that, though).

They are from the PortMaster IP pool, so I assumed the PM. I called Lucent
before I emailed and the tech said no that it would be a RadiusNT issue ~:-O
But I called Lucent back and got a ticket open on it now

thanks,
Stephen