Re: [RadiusNT] Help me understand...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:35:31 -0700

Sam Lowe wrote:

> We are running RadiusNT in the eval mode (enterprise key).
>
> The only tables that are populating are the calls and rad-logs (as needed).
> I have my server ports table set up correctly, but nothing ever appears
> there. This means (I think) that concurrency and calls online won't work.
>
> I am using an ODBC link to SQL6.5. I can't seem to find anything about
> where the data comes from for the tables. I have looked at the table
> descriptions in the manual for 2.5, but I guess I am not smart enough to
> divine to information from them.
>
> We are running TCs and the port information in the calls table does show up
> correctly.
>
> We also seem to occasionally loose the completion entry for a given session,
> but I think that may be our TC.

The one thing you might check is the rev of the TC code. There are
some known bad ones (the exact versions should be in the archives
at www.iea-software.com/lists/radiusnt).

Once you have sufficient records in your calls table that represent
all or most of your ports (you have received atleast one call on each
port) then you can run this cursor in isql_w to populate the ServerPorts
table. You can re-run this as many times as needed without causing any
problems.

You also need to make sure you either have the trigger installed
on the calls table (there is one in the radiusnt.sql script) or
the manual calls update enabled.

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/MSSQL/updtports.sql