Re: [RadiusNT] Multiple entries in Calls table for same stop record

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 09:56:38 -0700

Amir Sadeghi wrote:

> We are running RadiusNT 2.5.162 in ODBC mode on a MS SQL Server 7 and
> are encountering the following phenomena:
> We administer the domain via.at. Our users can login using for example
> "herbie / herbiespwd" or alternatively "herbie@via.at / herbiespwd". To
> facilitate this I created a record in RadRoamDomains with domain =
> 'via.at' which points to a record in RadRoamServers with StripDomain = 1
> and TreatAsLocal = 0 (which was curious enough for me, because I would
> have thought TreatAsLocal must be 1, but radiusnt doesn't authenticate
> users correctly in this case, anyway that's another story and not really
> important). I also configured radiusnt admin to insert only stop records
> into the calls table. What I am experiencing now is that each time
> herbie logs off there are 2 records inserted into the calls table, one
> with Username = 'herbie' and the second one with UserName =
> 'herbie@via.at'. All other attributes are identical. This happens only
> if herbie logged in using the domain suffix. We also administer other
> domains whose users MUST login using the domain suffix
> (RadRoamServer.TreatAsLocal = 1 and RadRoamServer.StripDomain = 0) and
> they don't display this behaviour.
> Am I doing anything wrong or is this a feature? Is there any way of
> suppressing this?

Without treataslocal set, RadiusNT is proxying to itself. RadiusNT
always records all accounting records that go through it. Therefore,
it logs the herbie@via.at, and then proxies the request back to
itself with just herbie, which is then logged again. You need to set
the treataslocal option to 1 to prevent this.

You wold need to enable the treataslocal for the via.at domain,
restart RadiusNT, and send in the -x15 debug for a login attempt
for someone logging in with user@via.at.