Re: [RadiusNT] CHAP in radiusnt

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:33:50 -0800

Terry Bomersbach wrote:

> >I actually have been using pap all along... so why would I be getting CHAP
> >errors, is this a PM issue?
> >
> >Stephen
>
> I think so. We didn't have any problems with the PM3 we demo'd. You might
> want to give Kathy a call and see if she has a hint. 800-458-9966

You can enable or disable CHAP on a system wide basis on the PM.
Just use "set CHAP off". If you are authenticating from a source
that does not have clear text passwords (like the NT SAM OR unix
passwd file) you can not use CHAP.

There are two different messages for this. There is a Bad Password and
CHAP not allowed. The first means the two CHAP encryption results
didn't match. The second means that the client requestede CHAP, but
the auth source is not clear text.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html