Re: [RadiusNT] RE: RadiusNT Digest

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:06:01 -0800

Stephen Johnson wrote:

> > Also, if from a database, what does the RadLogs table have for the
> > failed entry?
>
> Right, it is with Microsoft SQL. Radlogs has msgid 11, which I see relates
> to bad password, and in the data it says *CHAP*. But the user doesn't type
> in their password every time, the password is saved and they just keep
> redialing until it connects.
> CHAP is the standard password protocol for ppp? Is there a way in Windows
> 95/98 to select a different method?

You can turn CHAP off in Win95/98 by configuring the security
to allow any encryption. I can't remember exactly where that is in
DUN, though. Most terminal servers allow you to turn it off as
well. PAP is what I would consider the standard, although CHAP is
the default for encrypted authentication.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html