Re: [RadiusNT] All Calls Showing Port 1 in radius

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:55:16 -0500

Agreed. It sounds like you are using 4.1.11 code on your
chassis. http://totalservice.usr.com has much newer code on it (4.1.59-6
is the newest that I know of). There are major bug fixes in this
version. I would suggest testing and migrating to this version of 4.1 over
any other. Some of the other bugs deal with authentication of people by
means other than CHAP and MPIP server causing reboots. Also be careful of
your NMC code revision. I'm using 5.5.5 right now, and it seems to keep
the arcs stable. Unstable NMC code will cause your ARC to reboot.

--bl

At 11:25 PM 3/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Sean Herr wrote:
>>
>> I am only asking this question on the list here because I know there are
>> quite a few using ARC's. I have a quad only chassis that is reporting all
>> ports as 1 in the calls table. Looking at the attached txt file, two
>> packets seemed to have been sent from the ARC. Firsts packet was fine, then
>> the next was port one, radius updates the table with port 1 since it was the
>> last to complete I guess. Has anyone else encountered this??
>
>Yes. Its a bug in the HyperARC code. There is a patch out that
>fixes it.
>
>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com
>
>For more information about this list, including removal, please
>see this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

Brian Lube
System Administrator
MPInet