Re: [RadiusNT] NEW FEATURE: Users File Dynamically Loads in

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:58:08 -0800

Kurt Schafer wrote:

> Can we make it cook dinner too ? ;)
>
> Actually, the feature you want is sort of already available.
>
> There is an external program called RADUSERS that will dump the ODBC database to text file. You could satisfy the needs you require TODAY by making a batch file to execute radusers followed by a net stop radiusnt then net start radiusnt
>
> Then schedule the batch file as desired.
>
> Only caveat, your radius is down for about 5 seconds while it restarts. But we are going to see a RadiusNT version that can parse through the text file on the fly like the unix versions can real soon right Dale ? :P
>
> Now THAT would be a feature. But I think the issue is more of an NT problem than a RadiusNT shortfalling.

Just use Radlogin to auth the "*reload*" user (make sure its in
your users file) and RadiusNT will reload the users file without
restarting. The next update does do this with a background
management thread to prevent any downtime or pauses.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html