Re: [RadiusNT] Status of our question????

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:06:18 -0800

Mike Miller wrote:

> We are still having severe problems with RadiusNT 2.5 and SQL 7.0... I am
> still waiting on a response to our last e-mail. Now another problem has
> developed... concurrency control is not working properly at all even when
> calls are properly getting inserted into the calls table. Random people,
> several hundred per day, are getting reported as online in the CallsOnline
> view, but are really no longer online at all. We have pretty much come to
> the conclusion that RadiusNT 2.5 simply does not work with SQL 7.0 because
> if we point our DSN back to our old SQL 6.5 database everything works
> perfectly (unfortunately that datasource is not a week and a half behind in
> data because all our new data [or a portion thereof] is in the new SQL 7.0
> database)! The lack of response from Dale makes us wonder if Radius is
> even is compatible at all. Please respond soon Dale.. we need a fix to this.

We have several customers using RadiusNT 2.5 and SQL 7.0. I myself ONLY
use SQL 7.0 for development now and do not know of any problems between
it and RadiusNT. I *DO* know of many problems of it crashing and ways
to make it stop responding, etc. They are not things that RadiusNT
typically uses, though.

Could it be that you have a configuration problem with your SQL 7
install?
Do you have another SQL 7 server that you can test with?

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html