Re: [RadiusNT] Crap Connections / Junk ODBC

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:02:54 -0800

Dave Sovereen wrote:

> >> Wed Mar 10 12:27:15 1999: ODBC Error:07001:5:
> >> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver]Wrong number of parameters
> >
> >In MS Access, this means that you have a field name either missing or
> >wrong. The only way to find out which one is run the query from MS
> >Access that errored and it will ask you for the missing information
> >(which is the incorrect field).
>
> How do I know which query errored? Do I have to run it in debug mode or
> might there simply be a more detailed logging mode that will do the trick?

You'd have to run RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode to catch the actual
SQL statement.

> >There is a badchars registry entry you can define to do just that. For
> >example, you might put "~?!" in the value of it to prevent those three
> >characters.
>
> I searched and searched the RadiusNT documentation and cannot find this.
> What is the syntax/format for such a registry entry?

Its not in the docs, unfortunately. Its a value named BadChars under
the normal RadiusNT key. It is a REG_SZ type and it contains characters
that are considered invalid.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html