Re: [RadiusNT] Secondary Server

montesite ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:16:10 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BE6BDA.79F75F10

Disregard my gibber from this last message. What I would like to do is =
this. I have Emerald running on a machine at the main location. We do =
not have any modems at this location. We are presently replicating =
Emerald to the two remote locations where our modems reside. I would =
like to get the authentication to be local to the two remote sites. =
Should I ?
1) Install Radius and have it run Authentication off the replicated =
Emerald and send the accounting packets to the Main site where all the =
accounting is done. =20
Or
2) I do not know?
-----Original Message-----
From: montesite <info@olynet.com>
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Date: Thursday, March 11, 1999 3:35 PM
Subject: [RadiusNT] Secondary Server
=20
I am trying to put Radius on two servers that are co-located with my =
Modems. I am telling them to talk to Emerald on another server at our =
main site. When I start radius it starts sending test messages to =
Emerald and does not do anything else. Also I only want Radius on these =
two machines and not Emerald. What is the problem here? I thought that =
that was what the "Use different Accounting DSN" was for?

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BE6BDA.79F75F10

Disregard my gibber from this last=20message.  What I would like to do is this.  I have Emerald =running on=20a machine at the main location.  We do not have any modems at this=20location.  We are presently replicating Emerald to the two remote =locations=20where our modems reside.  I would like to get the authentication to =be=20local to the two remote sites.  Should I ?
1)  =Install Radius and=20have it run Authentication off the replicated Emerald and send the =accounting=20packets to the Main site where all the accounting is done.  =
Or
2)  I do not know?
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 montesite <info@olynet.com>
To: =radiusnt@iea-software.com =<radiusnt@iea-software.com&g=t;
Date:=20 Thursday, March 11, 1999 3:35 PM
Subject: [RadiusNT] =Secondary=20 Server

I am trying to put Radius on two =servers=20 that are co-located with my Modems.  I am telling them to talk =to=20 Emerald on another server at our main site.  When I start =radius it=20 starts sending test messages to Emerald and does not do anything =else. =20 Also I only want Radius on these two machines and not Emerald.  =What is=20 the problem here?  I thought that that was what the "Use =different=20 Accounting DSN" was =for?
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BE6BDA.79F75F10--