RE: [RadiusNT] Microsoft RRAS

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:00:53 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BE647A.69F98320

Dian,

I would Highly look into a self contained Terminal Server like the Netserver
16i or some PM2/3. I personally prefer USR/3COM products but there are
plenty out there. Doing the Micro$oft Solution can be both frustrating and
incomplete for your task. Microsoft only implemented the bare minimum into
Radius client for RRAS that f you don't need monitoring of your modem usage,
you can use it. Otherwise, go with a terminal server with built in Radius
support.

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dian Kurniadi
Sent: Friday, February 26, 1999 9:56 PM
To: RadiusNT Mailing List
Subject: [RadiusNT] Microsoft RRAS

Hai,

My name is Dian and I am new in radius technology. Now my job force me
to do radius installation for some purposes and we have not had a terminal
server yet. But I have read that Microsoft have RRAS technology and they
said that RRAS can support radius protocol. I would to know if RRAS could
connect to RadiusNT for authentication. Has anyone of you ever tried it ?
Thanks !

Regards,

Dian Kurniadi

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BE647A.69F98320

Dian,

I would=20Highly look into a self contained Terminal Server like the Netserver 16i =or some=20PM2/3.  I personally prefer USR/3COM products but there are plenty =out=20there.  Doing the Micro$oft Solution can be both frustrating and =incomplete=20for your task.  Microsoft only implemented the bare minimum into =Radius=20client for RRAS that f you don't need monitoring of your modem usage, =you can=20use it.  Otherwise, go with a terminal server with built in Radius=20support.