Re: [RadiusNT] Corrupted Database Problems

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:32:48 -0800

Edsonet wrote:

> This may be more of an Access problem than RadiusNT, but hopefully someone
> has experienced this problem before, and can give me a clue where to start
> looking.
>
> We are running RadiusNT 2.5 (1.24) using ODBC. We have our own accounting
> system residing on a different server. All interactions with the
> Radius97.mdb file use structured queries.
>
> Every once in a while, the MasterAccounts table becomes corrupted and
> unrepairable. A block of about 20 accounts becomes totally unreadable with
> a wild looking series of CustomerID numbers, and of course any active
> accounts within that block cannot be authenticated. Access97 is not able to
> repair it. I have to create a new table replacing the corrupted section
> from a backup file, and then replace the corrupted table with the newly
> created one. There are only 3 computers that have access to the Radius97
> database. The source of the problem appears to be one particular computer
> on our network (connected via a firewall router), but of course I can't
> confirm that because we don't know exactly when the problem occurs.
> Coincidently, that computer is also the one that accesses the database most
> frequently.

For many reasons like this, I use MS SQL Server ratehr than access.
I've always ran into problems with multi-computer connections to a
single MS Access database eventually causing corruption issues.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html