Re: [RadiusNT] SQL, allways SQL...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:59:01 -0800

Jean-Francois Laplante wrote:

> I still have a problem having radius NT connecting to that same ODBC
> datasource. Maybe I'm not reading enough documentation but I don't have it
> working. The datasource works since Cold Fusion is using it.
>
> It always comes back with: "SQLConnect Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver][SQL Server] Login failed"

I don't know if 1.16 had an Admin? You need to put the Username
and password registry options in so that RadiusNT knows who to
connect as.

> Would a newer version of Radius NT work better? I'm planning on purchasing
> it because of the Y2K thing but it is still a very expensive piece of
> software and If I can delay that a little, I will.

Probably. RadiusNT 2.5 comes with an Admin that makes it easier to
configure who it connects as.

> I'm using SQL server 6.5 with the latest service pack. Radius is NOT run
> as a service. The session is opened as "administrator" and there's an
> administrator account in SQL server an I gave it all the permissions I
> could find. This is probably the worse way to do it so thanks in advance
> for any help.

Just set the username and password in the registry and it should be
fine.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.      Emerald and RadiusNT__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc.    www.iea-software.com

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html