RE: [RadiusNT] Server Ports table not populating correctly

Tom Bilan ( Tom@TDI.NET )
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:25:46 -0500

It's a problem with the HiperARC. Their port numbering is retarded.

I complained to USR a year ago about this and they added the commands:
SET PBUS REPORTED_BASE
SET PBUS REPORTED_PORT_DENSITY

USR/3com defaults to 256 per port and if you are running hiper DSPs you need
to change that to 24. If you're running quad modem cards it's 4. If you
have both HiperDSPs and Quads in the same chassis they you need to set it to
24 (the highest of the two).

Tom Bilan
TDI Internet

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr.
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Sent: 2/10/99 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Server Ports table not populating correctly

Mark Colasante wrote:

> I have Radius NT 2.5 and am running it with SQL 6.5. I have all the
> ports set up in server ports and I have the server table populated
with
> all my NAS devices. Server ports is populating fine except for my NAS
> devices that are 3Com HiperARC router cards running the latest
firmware
> 4.1.72. All other NAS devices, which are PM3s, fill in the server
ports
> table just fine. I have specified the correct accounting server in
the
> HiperARC config. I am running Radius stop records only.
>
> Anyone know why they will not fill in? Do I need to run both start
and
> stop records? Are there issues specific to HiperARC cards that is
> causing this?

I'm a little confused here. RadiusNT does NOT create the server ports
table entries. It will only update the ones that you have based on
either the trigger or manual calls update. You have to manually add
entries to the server ports table as reported by your NAS. The best
way that I have found to do this is:

Select NASIdentifier, NASPort, Count(*)