Re: [RadiusNT] Platypus, RadAdmin & SQL

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:21:25 -0600

HI

I noticed in the ODBC setup screens under client config, that there ws a
place to set "Names Pipes" or "TCP/IP" choose the later.

If this doesn't work, make sure you have TCP/IP installed as a
communication method for SQL.

JOhn :}

At 12:47 PM 1/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Radius 2.5
>SQL Server 6.5
>Platypus 2.6 (by Boardtown)
>(All of above on NT servers with Service Pack 4)
>ODBC Drivers Ver. 3.51.171300
>SQL 32 bit ODBC Drivers Ver. 360.0319
>
>All of the above are set up and running fine INDIVIDUALLY.
>-------------------------------
>Problem, I cannot get my Main RadiusNT server "talking" (via TCP/IP) to my
>SQL Server.
>
>* My backup server for Radius will communicates fine with SQL and can be
>tested successfully via Radius Administrator or in the ODBC options.
>
>* On my Main Server under Control Panel, ODBC, under System DSN config., I
>test the SQL 32 bit Data Source & it is sucessful.
>
>* However on my main server, when in RadiusNT Administrator, I get a
>"Cannot connect to RemoteData Objects" error, immediately followed by a
>"Check Connection failed" radadmn error.
>
>Any starting point?
>Is there a newer RadAdmin .exe & Radius.exe I should be using? (Mine are
>both dated 6/8/98)
>Is there something I'm overlooking or forgot to mention that would help?
>I could really use the assistance. Thanks!
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Lorri Manning
>Email: lorri@cowtown.net
>Cowtown Net, Inc
>(817)293-9353; (972)730-2010
>Fax (817)293-9076 / http://www.cowtown.net
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>"I am Fudd of Borg. Wesistance is usewess!"
>

>For more information about this list, including removal, please
>see this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1819 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town