Re: [RadiusNT] idle-timeout

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:00:29 -0500

From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
>So if this is set to no then the Ascend box does not do the disconnect?
>Mine is set to no but I still get alot of 100's in the calls table. Is
this
>right?

They're being disconnected based on the idle limit set in the Max. By
default (unless it's changed recently), the Maxes have 120 seconds set (why
so low, I don't know). On the assumption that you changed it to something
like 1200 (20 mins) or something, then all users will be using that setting.
You won't be able to override it for individual users with radius settings
because the Max will ignore them (because Shared Prof = no).

Josh

>>From: Mike Everest <mike@gsat.net.au>
>>>thanks for your response. actually, i had found this one and set it to
>>zero
>>>already some time ago - unfortunately it did not solve my problem.
>>>
>>>good news is that i have finally sussed it out. don't know why this
>>works/is
>>>required, but for the sake of the possibility of somone else having this
>>>problem, i post it here.
>>>
>>>it turns out that i have to remove the session-timeout attribute, (and i
>>can't
>>>use idle-timeout, only ascend-idle-timeout). i guess that i have to use
>>>ascend-max-session instead, but have not tried it yet. i have also found
>>that
>>>if i want a session with no idle timout, i actually have to add
>>>ascend-idle-timeout = 0, rather than just not explicitly setting a
>time-out
>>and
>>>expecting the ascend max default to apply.
>>>
>>>cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike.
>>>
>>>*disclaimer - yes, i know that the radius attributes are probably not
>>>accurately stated - i quote them from memory as a 'close enough'
>>approximation
>>>of the actual attribute names.

>>if
>>for