Re: [RadiusNT] Dr Watson and SP4 - Bit Long

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 23:55:09 -0800

david leigh wrote:

> I have been evaluating RadiusNT 2.5 over the last week or so. I have been
> able to get it to go fine in Text mode and with the Access Database.
>
> When I try with SQL though, every attempt to initialise the service (or run
> it from the prompt for that matter) results in a Dr. Watson popping up and
> the service failing.
>
> This is on an NT4 Server with SP4 applied. Out of curiousity I reformatted
> the H/D and re-installed, leaving the system with SP3 only. When I tried
> RadiusNT with this config everything worked fine. When I then updated to SP4
> again Dr Watson returned.
> If I switched back to text mode, then RadiusNT would continue to run fine.
> It was only in ODBC mode after SP4's y2ksetup that there were problems. (I
> have not tried installing *just* SP4 without the other components)
>
> I am using the Y2Ksetup option when installing SP4 - so it also installs
> IE4.0 SP1 and some other data components. I am using SQL 6.5 with SP3 in
> vanilla config.
>
> The mailing lists show others have had problems with Dr Watson before but I
> couldn't see anyone with this specific error. Anyone encountered it?
>
> Do you know if using SP5 for SQL is the answer? Or is this just some well
> known bug with SP4 and I should wait for the next release of RadiusNT
> before installing SP4?

I believe this is an MDAC 2.0 problem. The 2.5.150 beta should resolve
this
problem. YOu can get it from the /radiusnt/beta directory on our FTP
site.
Please let me know if it does infact resolve the Dr. Watson problem.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html