Re: [RadiusNT] Dr. Watson & Radius NT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:56:06 -0800

"Fernando L. Pesa Filho" wrote:

> Our company, Webcom Marketing & Informativa, has purchased RadiusNT last
> August, and we're experiencing some problems with Dr.Watson making the
> service Radius.exe stop working. We've noticed that the problem occurs
> mostly at night (peak). This Radius is receiving data from Cisco 2511,
> Ascend Max 4000 and Lucent Portmaster 3. We're using MS Access, Windows NT
> Server 4 and RadiusNT 2.5 .
>
> Below, follows the message from Dr. Watson:
> The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
> 12/22/1998 @ 23:19:50.171 The exception generated was c0000005 at address
> 04c952b8 (SQLConvertString)

This is a known problem with the MS Access ODBC driver. When the
database
becomes large or fragmented, it can either corrupt data, or cause the
ODBC driver to crash. Since the ODBC driver runs in the process of
RadiusNT, it takes RadiusNT down with it. The function SQLConvertString
is a function in the MS Access ODBC driver, not RadiusNT.

The best thing to do is compact your database regularly. If the problem
persists, you might look into useing a more robust database like
SQL Server.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html