Re: [RadiusNT] Suggestion for Concurrent Login

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:07:06 -0800

Denny Figuerres wrote:

> after all what is the difference between a user who stays online and a
> stuck user in your database? what are the criteria that will work?
> remember that radius can not see wether the user is online after the start
> record. only the nas can tell that.

Yep.

> if you start writing a program to talk to your nas you have problems with
> having to modify the program to work with each change to each firmware in
> each brand and model of nas.

Use use SNMP to gather the information. That shouldn't change over
upgrades. RadiusNT Enterprise has the SNMP functions built into it.
We are also working on newer features to include a background thread to
continually walk through the terminal server users list updating the
Calls Online where the DB and the NAS are different.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html