Re: [RadiusNT] SQL Error (Violation of PRIMARY KEY)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:48:36 -0800

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> I still receive these too... I basically get about a 5% of PRIMARY KEY
> Failures.

Retries are an integral part of the RADIUS design. They will not hurt
anything or cause problems unless you are receiving a large number of
them. There are only a couple of reasons why they happen, though:

1) RadiusNT did not receive the accounting request

2) RadiusNT could not store the accounting request or the INSERT timed
out on the SQL Server.

3) RadiusNT could not ack the accounting request in the time configured
on the NAS.

4) The NAS did not receive the ack from RadiusNT.

Numbers 2 and 3 can be performance issues with your database (locked
during a large delete, long running queries slowing it down, etc).