Re: [RadiusNT] ODBC Error:S1T00:0: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL ServerDriver]Timeout expired

Denny Figuerres ( dennyf@inreach.com )
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:25:44 -0800 (PST)

I have seen this message when trying to do a search of a *LARGE* ( over
500 megs / 2.5m records) database. the time I saw this was when SQL was
mis-confiured (by me) to only use 8 megs of ram.

is this error in your radius log or is it in a program like Access?

how much ram do you have?

how much is set up for SQL?

how many records are in the database?

what does SQL Performance monitor show?

if you have more than 1 million records in you calls table then you may
want to copy the data to another database and clear the active calls
table.

you should give NT 20-40 megs of ram. give the rest to SQL.

for example: machine only does SQL, has 128 megs, give SQL 100 megs.

by default SQL only gets 16 megs on install.

there are other factors but this is a start. also you may want to get the
MS Press SQL self study guide. it will clear up many questions and help
you configure your system.

Denny Figuerres
InReach Internet
MIS Manager