Re: Computone AcctSessionID and Time Server

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@delta.com )
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:24:24 -0500

It is quite simple. Locate suitable SNTP Time Server software for your
operating system. (For WinTel, check out www.tucows.com -- can't help you
with Unix). For Wintel, I recommend the freeware "AboutTime".

Install this software on the same machine that RadiusNT is running on.
Enable SNTP queries. That's all it takes. You don't have to do anything
special to the CompuTone (other than to reboot it after the SNTP server is
running as above). After the next reboot, the ASID's will be longer, and
unique.

This was not in the large Blue-Green CompuTone manual, but in the smaller,
20-30 page "Hardware Guide". Tell Mr. Fisher to check up on that since
the larger manuals remain unchanged from kernel 1.5.0, and this ASID
feature was added in 1.5.2.

Caveat: EMERALD 2.2x and prior did not have a wide enough field in the
Calls table to hold the 20 character ASID that will result. If you are
using Emerald you must make sure that your Calls Table entry is 20
characters wide.