Re: [Emerald] Servu DLL

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:49:18 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, talon wrote:

> 2 questions.
> 1) If we change the path of a users home dir in emerald from nothing
> to any folder, the user still can not login and it says the home dir
> does not exist. But when we restart servu, they can login just fine.
> Does the dll just query emerald to get the path..? If so, why must
> servu be restarted for the path to work?

Servu caches user information for a while (Default is 1200 seconds).

You can set how long to hang on to cached data by setting CacheLife =
(seconds) in the EmerAuth section of the registry.

> 2) Is there any way to hide the paths when a user logs in so that he does not see c:\myhd\websites\users\home\dir ?

My servu (...2.4a) lists home directory as '/'. As far as I know emerauth
doesen't have control over displaying such things.

ciao,
Peter