Re: [Emerald] Dynamic Calls Online

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:56:50 -0800

Will LaSala wrote:

> Hi all,
> I thought there was some talk about this in the past but I couldn;t find
> anything in the list archives.
>
> Here's my problem.
> We have recently signed up with ziplink to provide us with USA dialup
> access.
> I got this setup ok with our servers and emerald...we bill per min useage..I
> think..if Emerald Admin is right...;-)
> However once the user connects, the user never shows up in my online
> section.
> I figure this is because I haven't setup any ports to use for the servers.
> The problem here is I don't know the ports that will be used (ziplink can't
> give me this).
> Is there any way to get Emerald to Dynamically add the user to the online
> view?
>
> If I didn't explain this clear enough just ask..;-)
> Emerald ver 307
> RadiusNT ver 175 (and testing 3.0)

This SQL Script will allow what you want. However, there was a change
around Emerald 305 to specifically support this. Earlier versions only
looked at the ServerPorts table (not the callsonline view) and therefore
this would not show the calls online correctly.

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/sql/roamports.sql