Re: [Emerald] HELP What assigns the dynamic ip addresses for ascend and

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:30:31 -0700

> Ken wrote:
>
> What assigns the dynamic IP addresses for ascend and PM3's?
>
> Radius or the Modem BOX?

Typically, the NAS itself does.

> I have users that have a hard time logging on during peek times and if
> I assign them a static IP in emerald it works fin but if I have them
> set up to the default accept settings they have to try 9 to 10 times
> to get on.

A while back, there were "leaky pool" problems with both of those
NASes. Have you updates the firmware? Are you shure your poool
sizes can handle the number of ports for them?