RE: [Emerald] blocking SQL server connections via TCP/IP

Nathan Haywood ( nhaywood@whro.org )
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:05:29 -0400

You could always block/limit/track port 1433 (MS-SQL) traffic on your
firewall or routers...

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Josh Hillman
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 12:07 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] blocking SQL server connections via TCP/IP

TCP/IP was installed as one of the means to connect to one of our SQL
Server
6.5 installations a while back. How can that option be disabled/removed
now? We found that one of our customers (with a SQL-based db) is
offering
service to other websites (NOT hosted on our server) to query
information on
our SQL server (our customer's database) to provide some content for
those
remote sites.

This isn't related to Emerald in any way and is not on the same server,
but
I sent this message to this list because most people here are using
SQL...

Thanks for any info,
Josh