Re: [Emerald] Log on Limits

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:39:30 -0400

From: MayaCom <email@playadelcarmen.com>
> We are trying to allow multiple log ons for our clients. This is
> normally something most people are trying to stop but we have started to
> sell multiple log ons to our clients. The problem is that we can't seem
> to have it function properly. The client is able to log on, verify
> password, then the system cuts them off. The only thing I can come up
> with is the attributes. But I can't find anything in the Emerald or
> Radius NT documentation to tell me if this is true. We have done
> everything that it does say to do, concurrency control, login limit,
> etc. and it still won't work.

If you have the appropriate checkboxes selected in RadiusNT (and have
"Limit" set to something > 1 for the user's service in Emerald), you might
also want to check your NAS. In Ascend Maxes, for example, you need to have
"Shared Profiles = yes" set so that it knows to use radius-assigned
attributes as well as defaults assigned by the NAS.

Josh