Re: [Emerald] HELP ASAP!!!!!

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:33:36 -0400

From: PowerNet <psc5@powersupply.net>
>I truncated the log as you said.
>My log size is 150MB and available was 1.5MB and is now 20MB
>Now I need to find out what is using 130MB of my 150MB log file.

Are your data and logs shared? (using the same device)
If they're separate and there's 130/150 MB being used in the log device,
then chances are, there's something running in the background (or was at the
time) that was processing a ton of data (Calls??) in one big chunk and
that's why it got so big. If you have "Truncate Log on Checkpoint" checked
in the options, then this should clear itself out when SQL verifies that it
processed the information correctly (usually, right after it finished
processing).

Josh