RE: [Emerald] Managing FTP accounts

Barry Kiesz ( (no email) )
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:22:22 -0500

David (and Dale),

Checked that.. I believe it has admin Privs. Now that I'm back at work, my
colleague informed me that the problem lies in using the same username in
both billing groups.

Example:

We have 2 usernames of "bill" in the system in different Billing groups.
They are:
bill (PW: test) billing groupA
bill (PW: battle) billing groupB

Billing GroupA has an FTP UNC of \\ftpserver\groupA
Billing GroupB has an FTP UNC of \\ftpserver\groupB

bill from GroupA logs in correctly and is assigned the proper directory
(\\ftpserver\groupA\bill).

When bill from Group B logs in the FTP Server, it authenticates his username
and password (bill PW:battle), but returns the FTP UNC of the bill in groupA
(\\ftpserver\groupA\bill).

Any help on this be appreciated... Some people on the list say they have it
working, but we're stumped.

Barry