Re: [Emerald] Year 2000 problem

Duane Schaub ( dschaub@terraworld.net )
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:10:43 -0500

I don't know about radusers, but radiusnt and Emerald work well as we have
had customers with 00+ expire dates for nearly a year. We also advance
ours dates to 02/00 and it worked as expected. 12/99 stuff was expired and
3/00 wasn't.

Duane.

At 01:03 PM 9/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have discovered a slight problem with Y2k and the setup we are using here
>and figured I'd better mention this for everyone.
>
>If you are using the radusers.exe program to dump users to a text file so
>you have a backup incase SQL server goes down. Well radusers.exe doesn't
>seem to understand that 00 is next year and thinks any users who are paid up
>thru next year are expired so they don't get put in the users file.
>
>I'm not sure if it's something in radusers of if it's a stored procedure
>that does this but the end result is any users who's expire date is beyond
>12/31/99 won't be able to login since they are missing from the users file.
>
>Geo.

Duane Schaub, President |Terra World, Inc - Connecting The Planet
Terra World, Inc. |Southeast Kansas' Leading Provider
200 Arco Place, Suite 252 |Flat Fee - Never an hourly Charge
Independence, Kansas 67301 |Where Service is Top Priority!
Voice (316) 332-1616 |http://www.terraworld.net
FAX: (316) 332-1451 |dschaub@terraworld.net