Re: [Emerald] To late...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:51:28 -0700

David Routh wrote:
> At 09:26 AM 09/08/1999 -0700, you wrote:
> >David,
> >
> >Be sure that the operators you've added are in the EmeraldSecure SQL
> >group and not the Emerald group. I'm sorry I haven't been watching the
> >list lately, so I haven't seen your previous posts, but that's the most
> >common oversight when trying to enforce operator group security.
> >
> Yep, had them there... basically what was happening was I'd add an Operator
> and think they couldn't change MBR, etc. only to find out they could delete
> MBR's.

As I mentioned in my other post, the Emerald win32 client doesn't
object level permissions in Emerald 2.5. The object levels permissions
were more designed for a web interface.

> Along with that I've got Operators stuck in Emerald Security and nowhere in

Which is perfectly legal, as in a web user. If the SQL User option is
checked for the user, that means they exist in the Operators table, but
not an actual DB user.