Re: [Emerald] To late...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:33:13 -0700

David Routh wrote:

> As from my previous posts when I add them under Security the permissions
> aren't enforced... and when I delete the Operator they are still there even
> though they don't show up in SQL Logins...

The permissions are not enforced at the detail level (like if you
specify read only, the users can still write, unless you take that SQL
permission away). The security is being re-written for the next
major release to support both web and win32 client. The security
in the 2.5 admin (down to the action) was mainly for the web interface,
that didn't make it into 2.5.