Re: [Emerald] Web Admin and DB pilferage

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:31:47 -0700

Duane Schaub wrote:

> Of Course Platypus has always been web based.... But then, if you look in
> their database, I have heard that they still have an iea operator group.

I think you will be REALLY happy with the web pieces that we are
working on for V3. They will not just be a set of static pages,
but more like an construction kit you can completely customize
and fine tune to your exact needs. We are going to be offering
several sets of generic templates for different business scopes
(like IPP vs. ISP/dialup) and possible having some competitions
to see who can come up with the best set of templates/scripts. :)

> You don't think that they based their design on Emerald do you?

Since Emerald was the first NT based commercial billing system for
ISPs (and one the first, on any platform) it would not suprise me to
see remnants of our DB structure in other systems. Especially
considering that most took the RadiusNT DB and then worked from
their to build their system (and we all know the RadiusNT DB is
a subset of Emerald).