Re: [Emerald] Consolidation not working?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:01:04 -0700

talon wrote:

> Ok, I checked the scheduled tasks.
> 1) Emerald Daily autmoated maitenance
> command:
> SQLMAINT.EXE -D Emerald -CkDBNoIdx -CkAlNoIdx -BkUpDB C:\MSSQL\BACKUP -BkUpMedia DISK -Rpt c:\mssql\log\emerald_maint.rpt
>
> 2) Emerald weekly autmoated maitenance
> command:
> SQLMAINT.EXE -D Emerald -UpdSts -Rpt c:\mssql\log\emerald_maint.rpt
>
> 3) Emerald autmoated maitenance
> command:
> SQLMAINT.EXE -D Emerald -CkDBNoIdx -CkAlNoIdx -UpdSts -BkUpDB C:\MSSQL\BACKUP -BkUpOnlyIfClean -BkUpMedia DISK -DelBkUps 4 -Rpt C:\MSSQL\LOG\Emerald_maint.rpt
>
> It appears I am missing the updatecalls task. What is the command I would use when setting up the update callstask?

There is a file, insttask.sql that comes with Emerald that installs the
following tasks:

/* Weekly: 12am Run a CheckDB Each Sunday morning */
/* Daily: 1am Delete Start records */
/* Daily: 2am Update the Calls Table, ServerID Field Once a night */
/* Daily: 3am Update the Calls Table, AccountID Field Once a night */
/* Daily: 1:45 am Trim Logs */

You can run the script in isql_w to isntall the tasks. The 2am/3am are
the
ones that update the calls table. Make sure you do a manual calls
update
before installing the tasks, if you have lots of calls that need to be
updated.