Re: [Emerald] server port access & Billing (help)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:51:54 -0700

> Ken wrote:
>
> I just configured server port access. It works great but have one
> question. Is there a way to kick the user off automatically if they
> are on past the allowable time of day? Is it possible to have a bill
> created for any time that the customer is on after the end time of the
> account.
>
> for example an account that is allowed to log on from 7AM to 3PM
> customer logs on at 2:30 PM and stays on for 1 hour. can we bill him
> for the additional half hour with emerald. could emerald kick him
> off?

What version of RadiusNT are you running? It should be including an
Session-Timeout attribute with the amount of time the user has left
for that day. Earlier versions of RadiusNT has a problem with that,
but the latest one should send it fine. This is assuming your NAS
supports the Session-Timeout attribute, also.