Re: [Emerald] Slow Auth in NTMail

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:01:52 -0700

> Andrew Stinson wrote:
> I've searched through the old message base and have found a lot of
> other people having problems with slow auth running NTMail and
> Emerald. Has anyone found a "quick fix" for this problem? The only
> solutions I found in the archives was going to MailSite or running
> another server with SQL just for mail authentication. Anyone found any
> less drastic solutions to this problem?

If you are using the latest EmerAuth, I have no idea why you would
have slow auth. I've never ran into that problem, except authentication
against the NT SAM (with EmerAuth can't do, anyways).

On a side note, we did run into a situation last week were someone
has ODBC loggins enabled and it was killing the box that EmerAuth
was running on. Turning ODBC logging off made everything run
nice and snappy.