Re: [Emerald] Error when trying to add logon/password

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:13:47 -0700

Steve Civilla wrote:
> > Are the versions different? If you are using the newer version of the
> > client, use the new admin and go through each billing group and make
> > sure the unique logins option is NOT set and re-save each one.
> This was not the problem. Unique logins options is not set. I can add users
> on each of the machines but the one field that gives me problems is the
> login field. On every machine I get the Emerald error that the login is
> already used--no matter what I enter. I can't seem to find any other errors.
> But this is occurring on three client machines, all of which have had
> Emerald reinstalled.

Actually, it most likely IS the problem. The admin interprets
a NULL as off, but the client is interpreting a NULL in the database
as on. Therefore, unless you go through each one and re-save them,
you will have that problem on the newer clients.