Re: [Emerald] import into emerald 2.5

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:09:41 -0700

Jean Gionet wrote:

> I emailed support at IEA-Software a few days ago requesting the import
> utility you mentioned. I still haven't heard any word from them yet. Can you
> please help me out with this as we want to upgrade to 2.5 ASAP!.

The import utility is designed to take all of the information from
one table (into the two ma/sa tables). This presents a problem
when trying to go from Emerald 2.1 to Emerald 2.5, and the
Emerald 2.1 data is not in the format. You could create a view with
the information of both, but if you have any MBRs with more than one
service, that will create duplicates MBRs.

I'm checking to see on an alternate method for you.