Re: [Emerald] Emerald, Rockliffe, and Serv-U combination.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:39:47 -0700

Brian Johnson wrote:

> We are in the process of testing Emerald 2.5, Mailsite and Serv-U as a
> Virtual ISP Solution. We are able to set-up Emerald and Mailsite to do
> truly virtual users, but when you add Ser-U we are having problems. We
> can't seem to get it to authenticate right.
>
> Here's the scoop:
> - We are using EmerAuth.DLL v2.5.100 and Serv-U 2.5 (not 2.5a).

Grab EmerAuth 2.7.4 from the following URL:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/External/beta/emerauth3.zip

> - Starting with a blank database.
> - When we set-up a user on billing group A, he can login using his password
> just fine.
> - When we add another user to billing group A, they also work fine.
> - When we set-up a user on billing group B, he can not login and we get an
> error stating that the home folder doesn't exist.
> - When we check the actual folder it does exist.
> - Debug in Serv-U shows that it is looking in the wrong folder (not the
> folder in the database).
>
> I'm very confused. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the user in billing group b's home dir? Is it a UNC or
local path?