Re: [Emerald] Can't trim calls

Duane Schaub ( dschaub@terraworld.net )
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:22:27 -0500

The only solution that I found to work adequately on SQL 6.5 is
truncate Calls

WARNING - Don't do this if you need the calls history to be updated or if
you bill based on usage as this just drops all entries from the calls table.

I upgraded to SQL 7 and it completes 900K calls in less than 30 minutes
including the update_accountid, update_serverid, and consolidation. The
old version was never able to complete more than 75K calls at a time.

Duane.

At 10:15 AM 8/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dale:
>
>We have a big problem here. For weeks now, we have been waiting for the
>right opportunity to delete calls we have in the database from May and June.
>So, last night, at about midnight, I decide to issue the SQL command to
>simply remove the records. We don't need them for billing purposes and the
>database is simply getting too big.
>
>Unfortunately, after the deletion process goes on for a couple of hours, the
>transaction log (which I have now resized to 200 megs) fills up and the
>process stops - leaving all of the records that I wanted delete in place.
>
>Of course, once this happens, no one can log in and our phones start
>ringing. Even worse, no matter how many times I truncate the transaction
>log, it still reports that it has 0.00 megabytes free space.
>
>How in the world is anyone supposed to remove call records or do a call
>consolidation when it causes this much chaos?
>
>What can I do to solve this problem? I have 415,000 call records that I
>needed deleted. Hell, while I'm at it, I might as well get rid of July as
>well, since even six weeks worth of calls seems unmanageable.
>
>Thanks in advance.

>David V. Brenner - dvb@cport.com
>International Services Network Corporation
>http://www.cport.com

Duane Schaub, President |Terra World, Inc - Connecting The Planet
Terra World, Inc. |Southeast Kansas' Leading Provider
200 Arco Place, Suite 252 |Flat Fee - Never an hourly Charge
Independence, Kansas 67301 |Where Service is Top Priority!
Voice (316) 332-1616 |http://www.terraworld.net
FAX: (316) 332-1451 |dschaub@terraworld.net